Loading ...

Video for the athlete | Embracing Technology

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Embracing Technology » Forum » Video Analysis » Video for the athlete
Embracing Technology

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Video Analysis

Video for the athlete

Subscribe to RSS
  • tonylibert

I am thinking of placing a monitor with a delayed feed on the side line during practice. I am waiting to see if the players will use it as a form of motivation. I am with high school hockey and we play a lot of games throughout practice and am wondering if players will use the chance to see themselves or others doing well and if that will motivate better play. I do not plan to use it initially as a teaching tool because I do not want that bias placed on the monitor. Have any of you done this and if so what were your experiences?

• AndyEdwards

Hi Tony,

I have filmed children playing football in training and have definitely observed some trying even harder when they think the camera is rolling.

Good luck with it!

Andy

• DSGEM

Hi Tony

We place Go Pro cameras behind the goals during our matches, and then it is uploaded to the individual GK vimeo software account where the GK's can use it as a reflective tool on performance, and then the GK coach can provide individual feedback on performance. GK's are encouraged to self evaluate themselves. Aswell as video analysis for the whole team we currently tag two outfield players every week and again this  is sent directly to their individual accounts so no other player in squad can view it, and then i can give individual feedback to the players aswell as team.

• tonylibert

It did work and players enjoyed seeing play and where choices could be worse or better. Time lag had to be done through software and videographer. Basically using coacheschoice and wifi. the tv setup uses a portable source of power and a 32" led tv

• tonylibert

I have apple tv but I think firestick or another dongle receiver would work

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)