Loading ...

Digitised, virtual coaching opinions?! | Embracing Technology

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Embracing Technology » Forum » All other conversations about technology » Digitised, virtual coaching opinions?!
Embracing Technology

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: All other conversations about technology

Digitised, virtual coaching opinions?!

Follow RSS Feed
  • How have coaches who don’t normally use (or particularly like using!) technology found working with their performers during Lockdown?🤔 

Similarly, how have performers found working ‘in isolation’ from their coaches, support teams and other performers as a result of  Lockdown 🔐⁉️😳

250 words max. sought from appropriate people willing, interested, able, curious to share their thoughts - no matter at what level of the sport they are coaching - please feel free to circulate to anyone else you know who might fit the bill? For further details please give me a shout!! Cheers, Adam 

• I have never done an online session before with my athletes - until lock down began. Utilising Zoom, I have provided my skaters with 3-4 free, dry-land training sessions per week, to keep their body moving and familiar with movement patterns for when we do finally get to return to the ice.

I have found this a great tool in many ways really. For maintaining communication with skaters and parents and in turn, the athletes have loved having the sessions as they have provided them with an outlet for their energy, the opportunity to maintain friendships, some structure to their day and contact with people who they see (usually) everyday and allowed time to progress skills which will be stronger once we return to our rink. 

• Thanks for info/feedback Dannielle, always good to get different viewpoints across variety of sports - feel free to pass my request for comments around your own network of coaches and performers as the more knowledgeable we can all be on this topic, digital 'native' or 'immigrant' alike, the more we can all be better equipped to help each other! Cheers, Adam 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)