Loading ...

What do you think of this free online coaching course? | New to Coaching

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » New to Coaching » Forum » General » What do you think of this free online coaching course?
New to Coaching

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

What do you think of this free online coaching course?

Subscribe to RSS
  • robertkmaaye

Hi all

Just thought I would share a link to a short free online course that I became aware of that after taking this morning I think is perfect for building your confidence if you are new to coaching.

Whilst 'Help! I volunteered to coach' is from the Rugby Coach Weekly site run by ConnectedCoaches Content Champion Dan Cottrell (check out Dan's blogs here when you get chance [Brave ways to start a coaching session is one of the most popular in the community]) I thought it was a course that coaches in all sports could benefit from as a lot of it is generic.

In my opinion it made great use of video with Dan talking you through a lot of the modules and I liked the quizzes at the end to check and reinforce understanding. There were some great practical tips included as well.

If you take the course I would be interested in hearing what you thought of the learning and if you found it helpful.

Reply below to let me know what you think smile

• EllyNetball

Although I'm not a rugby coach & I'm not new to coaching, I completed this online course today (& passed innocent)

The comments below are intended as feedback to enhance & should not be taken as negative criticism.

smile CONTENT
    Great advice & guidance for new coaches: a MUST for those taking first steps on their coaching journey (& a fab reminder for those of us who have been coaching for a while).  Although the images are rugby-specific, the content applies across all sports.
    frownQUIZZES
    While the quiz questions provide good reinforcement of the modules, the numbering and scoring of the questions doesn't work for me.  For example, when there's a requirement to fill in a number of words, why isn't there a point for each correct word?  What happens if 5 out of 6 are correct?  When there's a requirement to tick, say, 3 statements out of 6 and one (or possibly more) is incorrect, there's a zero score with no indication of how many are incorrect or which ones they are. When there's more than one question in a quiz and each is on a separate 'page', the questions are all numbered 1.
    cryCLICK 'DONE' FOR CERTIFICATE
    Sadly, couldn't find the 'done' button to get my certificate?  I'm a nerdy collector of certificates for all my e-learning and it was disappointing not to have access to this one.  How do I get one?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)