Loading ...

Parents kicking off | Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Coaching Children (Ages 5-12) » Forum » Managing Parents » Parents kicking off
Coaching Children (Ages 5-12)

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Managing Parents

Parents kicking off

Subscribe to RSS
  • Laurenhollowayxx

So I have a great group of parents in terms of bring their kids to training, support my decisions as a coach etc. 

However my biggest problem is parents  getting involved when things kick off on field. There is a strong policy in rugby that no parent/spectator can enter the pitch. 

Two occasions where something has happened between kids on field this year parents have get the need to get involved and enter the pitch to have their say to the other teams coach/parents 

i have had some strong opinions exchanged   Between myself and these parents where they try to justify their actions.  Two occasions this season some of my team have  resulted into fighting on field. Followed by parents then getting involved. This obviously turns ugly as people from either side are sticking up for their own. 

I try and teach the kids the attitude that if someone gives you a sly dig or hits you then let your rugby do the talking. Parents disagree with this and say to their kids if someone hits you hit them back. 

Im really struggling to find a happy balance with parents about this. The kids are playing  a game with a high level of contact so it is likely little fights will occur but they need to start trusting coaches to deal with the situations. 

has anyone else experienced anything similar?

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)