Loading ...

Its Mothers day. Lets hear it for Mum coaches | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Its Mothers day. Lets hear it for Mum coaches
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Its Mothers day. Lets hear it for Mum coaches

Subscribe to RSS
  • EmmaA

Always a mixed day of emotions for me on Mothers Day, as I am one of many whose Mum is no longer with us and I am also a Mum myself.  So waking up this morning I have been reflecting on 25 years without my Mum and thinking how she would have been reacting to the current crisis we are in. 

Which I can sum up as she would have been catering for the masses in our village, shouting at the TV at people shopping to excess and of course continued to be creative turning every monotonous activity into a game....

Many of you who have heard me present will have heard that my mum was my first coach. I remember how she would turn peeling spuds or raking up leaves into some tennis related activity. Building in constraints using a variety of kitchen and garden utensils! Maybe she was the first Mr Miyagi like in the karate kid?  And although I didn't turn into a Navratilova level player I did fall in love with all things sporty which to this day give me the confidence to always have a go at new things and keep active.

Mums play a huge role in coaching in the UK, although there is still more to be done to help us to break through into elite coaching, and did you know that your first experience of coaching as a child is most likely to be from a woman who is a  Mum.

I have been fortunate to work alongside a famous Mum coach who really has raised the bar for coaching and supported so many women to the same, Judy Murray. Her passion now is to encourage families to get involved as a family in playing tennis together.  Making up games with whatever you have available, the same as my Mum's outlook to coaching.

Happy mother's day everyone and let's celebrate all the mums who coach and there are about to be loads more of us as we get creative with our kids this week. 

Enjoy the fun, share your sessions with us here, it's free and here to to share and help one another.

And when this current crisis is over you never know you just may have turned into a great coach 

Emma

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)