Loading ...

Where will your coaching journey lead you in 2020? | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » General » Where will your coaching journey lead you in 2020?
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: General

Where will your coaching journey lead you in 2020?

Subscribe to RSS
  • Blake

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Not just because of all the trimmings and trappings of Christmas: spending quality time with friends and family; great food (and plenty of it); a run of lie-ins; a contagious feel-good factor; the office Christmas party. The start of a new year also brings the opportunity to reflect, and to think ahead, and consider what you want from coaching in the next 12 months.

So, what is your 2020 vision? What is it that you are most looking forward to embarking on and achieving in the new year? And what will you do to make this happen?

Join us in this discussion

• andrewb62

Looks like a focus on girls cricket for me in 2020:

• three schools signed up through the Team Up programme, via Essex Cricket in the Community — upwards of 50 hours with yr7 girls by Easter, plus an after-school club for one of the schools;
    • launch of the ECB’s new Dynamos cricket programme in the summer, with a focus on establishing more girls’ sections in East London clubs.

And possibly a transition towards a Coach Dev role:

• I’ll be supporting Activator training for All Stars Cricket and Dynamos Cricket;
    • I am also now trained to be an ECB Coach Developer, for the new Foundation 1 qualification.
  • Blake

Wow, lots to look forward to there Andrew. Sounds exciting, interesting and challenging in equal measure. Thanks for sharing and the best of luck. 

• ajawanyahoocoukLOQC69B3
    I am new to this field and would like to learn about relationship coaching. Is there any group here to support and learn together? Thank you
  • Blake

Hi Abdullah, you are in the right place. If you have a question on relationship coaching, you can start a conversation easily and enlist the help of ConnectedCoaches members.

Just click on Share in the top menu bar and choose Start a Conversation in the drop-down list. Then choose the Group and Category you want to post in and click the red Start a Conversation button.

Also, you may be interested in reading the Tips from Sophia Jowett’s post: How to Create a Relational Coaching Environment: https://community.ukcoaching.org/spaces/10/welcome-and-general/blogs/general/4104/how-to-create-a-relational-coaching-environment

I have written a blog with Sophia on building effective coach-athlete relationships: https://community.ukcoaching.org/spaces/10/welcome-and-general/blogs/general/6605/the-vehicle-to-success-car-can-transport-coach-and-athlete-on-a-journey-of-fulfilment

Also, Sophia has featured in a UK Coaching subscriber webinar entitled ‘Why Mastering The Coach-Athlete Relationship is Important’: https://www.ukcoaching.org/resources/topics/webinars/subscription/why-mastering-the-coach-athlete-relationship-is-im

And you can use the Search facility to find blogs and conversations on favourite topics based on keywords too, so happy hunting.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)