Loading ...

UK Coaching Week 2020: Useful links, free events and offers for coaches | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Coaching News » UK Coaching Week 2020: Useful links, free events and offers for coaches
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching News

UK Coaching Week 2020: Useful links, free events and offers for coaches

Follow RSS Feed
  • Anonymous

In case you weren't aware this week is #UKCoachingWeek2020! The campaign kicked off with the #GreatCoachingPledge a call on the nation to give some of their own time, sharing thanks and support for the coaching community.

There has been lots going on with plenty of pledges being made (as you can see by the pledge wall) but I thought I would just highlight quickly a few things for coaches that might peak your interest:

• Instagram Lives with greats of coaching on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

Set the calendar reminders and make sure you tune in to three consecutive days of Instagram Lives with:

1. Judy Murray - Friday 18 September (6pm)
    2. Mel Marshall - Saturday 19 September (9:30am)
    3. Toni Minichiello - Sunday 20 September (10:30am)

In advance you can get your questions in by replying below and I will make sure to pass them on to the teams running them

• Free interactive webinar for parents and coaches on Friday 18th September

On Friday 18 Sep (12:30pm - 1:30pm) there is a free Curious Coaches' Club webinar ‘Parents and Coaches: #OneTeam’ that will shine a spotlight on how parents can better support coaches

Why not encourage the parents of those you coach to book on with you, so they might be encouraged to support you and help contribute to delivering positive experiences?

Bookings close at 11.59pm on Thursday so make sure you don't miss out and book today

• Limited-time offers

Several offers have been announced so far so I would encourage you to check them out as they either expire at the end of the week or month.

More great content is to come so I would encourage you to continue to keep an eye on UK Coaching's social channels and follow the campaign.

As I say above if anyone has any questions they would like to put to the guests on the Instagram Lives sessions please feel free to reply to this and I will pass them on. 

• Anonymous

Hi everyone,

I penned a few features for UK Coaching Week 2020 around one of the key themes of this year's awareness campaign: lauding the benefits of #GreatCoaching to ensure wider recognition of the role coaches play in our communities.

Here they are:

An exclusive feature with Manchester United legend Nicky Butt, who discusses the remarkable power of great managers to unite communities: 

https://ukcoaching.org/resources/topics/stories/united!-united!-football-managers%E2%80%99-extraordinary-p

An interview with PE teacher Steven Jeff, who has gone to great lengths to keep his pupils and the community physically and mentally healthy during Covid-19: 

https://www.ukcoaching.org/resources/topics/stories/pe-teacher-mr-jeff-a-safe-pair-of-hands-in-testing

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)