Loading ...

What was your Great Coaching moment of 2019? | Welcome and General

ConnectedCoaches uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to the use of the cookies. For more details about cookies how we manage them and how you can delete them see the 'Use of cookies' part of our privacy policy. Click the cross to close this cookie notice. X

ad
Home » Groups » Welcome and General » Forum » Coaching News » What was your Great Coaching moment of 2019?
Welcome and General

Leave group:

Are you sure you want to leave this space?

Join this group:

Join this space?

Add a new tab

Add a hyperlink to the space navigation. You can link to internal or external web pages. Enter the Tab name and Tab URL. Upload or choose an icon. Then click Save.

The name that will appear in the space navigation.
The url can point to an internal or external web page.
Login to follow, share, and participate in this group.
Not a member?Join now
Posted in: Coaching News

What was your Great Coaching moment of 2019?

Subscribe to RSS
  • robertkmaaye

UK Coaching has officially opened a public vote for the Great Coaching Moment of the Year.

The finalists are:

• Gareth Southgate - Bulgaria vs England Euro 2020 qualifier
    • John Blackie - 2019 World Athletics Championships
    • Mel Marshall - 2019 World Aquatics Championships
    • Jürgen Klopp - 2018-2019 UEFA Champions League Winner

Voting will close on the evening of the Awards (5 December 2019), where the winner will be announced.

I would encourage you to vote but…

my question for you personally is what has been your coaching moment of the year?

It could be anything...from the look on a child’s face after attending their first session, seeing your team/people you coach achieve a personal best/goal or maybe seeing something you practiced come off in a game during the year.

I look forward to reading your personal great coaching moments!

• stewmasterathletecomGIMOCP9R

Obviously has to be John Blackie, Coached Dine throughout her career and now cumulating in championships and records.

This is what coaching is all about, that long term development and trust in the athlete (sportsperson / team) that the coach will get them there

(Obviously I am biased towards Athletics, but even impartially once you look at this, you'd agree!)

• robertkmaaye

Thanks Stewart...I hope you showed your support and voted for John...he certainly has a very strong case for winning!

How about you personally...what has been the highlight in your coaching this year? smile

• stewmasterathletecomGIMOCP9R

For me personally, it has been getting an athlete to a level where she was able to become indoor and outdoor BUCS champion, also become English champion and was lucky enough to represent GB. Along with working with my squad where PBs were achieved across multiple age groups, as well as a masters athlete who managed to get a title for the first time at the European Masters Champs.

I have enjoyed 2019

• robertkmaaye
    On 18/11/19 11:30 AM, Rob Maaye said:

The finalists are:

• Gareth Southgate - Bulgaria vs England Euro 2020 qualifier
    • John Blackie - 2019 World Athletics Championships
    • Mel Marshall - 2019 World Aquatics Championships
    • Jürgen Klopp - 2018-2019 UEFA Champions League Winner

Voting will close on the evening of the Awards (5 December 2019), where the winner will be announced.

For those interested Jürgen Klopp won the public vote last night. Check out the full story and list of winners.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)